Quick chicken recipes make dinner a breeze. Laced with lemon and simmered in white wine, this chicken piccata recipe is super easy and elegant. Almost any side—noodles, veggies or bread—tastes better next to this lovely chicken.
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 1/4 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Minced fresh parsley, optional
- In a shallow bowl, mix flour, salt and pepper. Pound chicken breasts with a meat mallet to 1/2-in. thickness. Dip chicken in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- In a large skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Brown chicken on both sides. Add wine; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, until chicken is no longer pink, 12-15 minutes. Drizzle with lemon juice. If desired, sprinkle with parsley.
Try our chicken piccata recipe and share your experience.