This baked potato recipe with chicken, cream and cheese is a simple and quick one. Everything is prepared in the same tray and the cooking time is 45 minutes. The result is wow: chunks of chicken breast and potatoes wrapped in a creamy sauce with a discreet garlic flavor. Everything will be covered by a delicious grated cheese crust. The taste and aromas are absolutely delicious.
It is a great dish for autumn or winter. For this recipe, I used chicken, potatoes, cream, butter and cheese. Honestly, I think this casserole comes out tastier with boneless chicken legs, but for this recipe, I chose chicken breast to keep it chill and juicy.
In addition, I recommend marinating the chicken breast for at least 2 hours at room temperature or 8-10 hours in the refrigerator. Thus the meat will be sweeter and juicier.
The recommended cream is a sweet one (for whipped cream) with min. 30% fat because the sour one is grilled in the oven. The cheese must be one that melts beautifully and forms the crusty gratin.
Chicken Casserole Ingredients:
500 g chicken meat (breast or boneless meat)
salt, pepper, sweet berry, granulated garlic
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
750 g potatoes
2 tablespoons sunflower oil
200 ml sweet cream
150-200 g grated cheese
30 g butter
- I cut the chicken breast into thick pieces of ca. 2.5-3 cm. Do not make the strips thin because they will dry. I seasoned everything with salt, freshly ground black pepper, granulated garlic and sweet paprika (paprika).
- I moved the meat into a plastic box and sprinkled it with oil. I mixed well with my hands and left everything to marinate for 2 hours on the kitchen table.
- You can cover the box with a lid and put it in the fridge overnight. Remember to remove it from the cold at least 1 hour before baking!
- I cleaned and washed the potatoes. I used approx. 750 g potatoes.
- I cut them into cubes with the side of approx. 2.5 cm, I salted them and put them in a strainer.
- I heated the oven to 200 C with ventilation (heat up + down). I chose a large tray (mine is 35 x 30 cm) where I put the potatoes. I sprinkled them with oil, sprinkled them with cumin and mixed them well with my hands.
- I distributed the marinated chicken breast pieces over the half-baked potatoes.
- I put the tray in the oven for 15 minutes at 200 C. You can already feel the smell of the garlic in the kitchen.
- I poured the sweet cream over these potatoes in the chicken oven. It is absorbed almost instantly by hot potatoes.
- I sprinkled everything with the grated cheese and distributed the butter in slices.
- I put the tray back in the oven for 10 minutes at 200 C. Ready! Now it smells even better in the kitchen: it has butter and grated cheese.
- The chicken casserole with potatoes and cheese is served hot as soon as it comes out of the oven.