This baked dairy-free cheesecake is just as good or better than any baked cheesecake you’ve ever had. It’s creamy and cheesy and simply sensational!
for 8 servings
- ½ cup raw pecan(60 g)
- ½ cup almond flour(50 g)
- 2 pitted dates
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- salt, to taste
- 2 cups raw cashew(260 g)
- cold water, for soaking
- ½ cup canned coconut milk(120 mL), mixed
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- ¼ cup coconut oil(60 mL), melted and cooled
- ⅓ cup maple syrup(75 g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup strawberry(75 g), fresh or frozen
- strawberry, sliced, for garnish
- Place the cashews in a medium bowl and cover with cold water. Let the cashews soak for at least for 4 hours, or overnight, until soft.
- Make the crust: Using a food processor, pulse together the pecans, almond flour, dates, cinnamon, coconut oil, and a pinch of salt. Pulse until the pecans have been broken down into crumbs and the crust begins to stick together.
- Transfer the crust to a greased and parchment paper-lined 8-inch (20 cm) springform pan. Use your fingers to press the crust into the bottom of the pan in an even layer.
- Make the filling: Drain the soaked cashews and place them in the bowl of the food processor. Add the coconut milk, lemon juice, coconut oil, maple syrup, and vanilla. Blend until very smooth, 5-7 minutes.
- Pour roughly ⅔ of the cashew filling over the crust. Use a spatula to gently spread the mixture to the sides, then tap and shake the pan on the counter to achieve a smooth, even layer.
- Freeze the pan while preparing the strawberry layer, about 10 minutes.
- Add the strawberries into the remaining cashew mixture in the food processor and puree until smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed, about 5 minutes.
- Scrape the strawberry filling over the first layer. Use a spatula to gently push the layer out to the sides of the pan and tap and shake the pan on the counter to achieve a smooth, even layer.
- Top the cheesecake with sliced strawberries.
- Freeze the cheesecake until solid, at least 4 hours.
- To serve, let the cheesecake thaw at room temperature for at least 10 minutes before slicing.
- Enjoy our tasty dairy-free recipe!