Perfect in every season and loved by all the family members, herb roasted potatoes are a great choice for a meal. They are easy to prepare and you have the liberty to choose the herbs you like.
Here is our delicious proposal:
Ingredients for 4 servings:
12 small potatoes cut into 1inch pieces (2 ½ cm)
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ cup olive (or sunflower) oil
2 tablespoons garlic (minced)
Rosemary, pepper, oregano to taste
Fresh parsley leaf, minced to garnish
- Fill a large pot with water and boil. Add salt, baking soda, and potatoes, and stir. Baking soda breaks down outside of potatoes, helping form an extra crunchy exterior.
- Return to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook for 10 minutes after returning to a boil. A fork should easily pierce the potato pieces by the end. Drain and let sit one minute while moisture evaporates.
- Combine olive oil, rosemary, garlic, and a little bit of black pepper in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat. Stir constantly until garlic just begins to turn golden. It will take approximately 3 minutes.
- Strain oil through a fine-mesh strainer over the potatoes. Add salt and pepper to taste, and mix.
- Shake the pot that the potatoes are in. Roughing up edges will form an extra crispy exterior.
- Preheat oven to 425°F (220°C).
- Transfer potatoes to a large rimmed baking sheet and spread them out evenly.
- Transfer to oven and roast, without moving, for 35 minutes.
- Flip potatoes with a flexible spatula. Continue roasting until potatoes are deep brown and crisp all over.
- You can make a garlic sauce. It goes well with the herb potatoes. You’ll just need a cup of yogurt, garlic, salt and pepper to taste. Serve immediately.