Homemade Cinnamon Roll Cake – A Recipe You Will Love
Cinnamon roll cake is an update of the original recipe and it tastes just delicious! If you were to think of a perfect autumn dessert, this one must be on your list! It is a very simple and quick recipe, and it suits even those who are always running out of time.
Besides all these, what are cinnamon rolls without fluffy cream cheese? Let’s start!
100 g white sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
200 g white flour
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
170 ml of milk
50 g melted butter
Ingredients for cinnamon topping:
70g soft butter
100g brown sugar
1 tablespoon cinnamon
Ingredients for cream cheese:
200g cream cheese
60-100g confectionary’s sugar
1-2 tablespoons of milk
1. Preheat the oven to 180 ° C.
2. Dough instructions: Beat the egg, sugar, vanilla essence and milk with a mixer.
3. Add flour, salt and baking powder and mix until everything is well incorporated. 4. At the end add the melted butter and incorporate everything well.
5. Pour the dough into a tray.
6. For the composition of cinnamon: mix soft butter, sugar and cinnamon.
7. Pour the cinnamon composition on top of the dough, turning it lightly with a stick / knife tip to spread the composition.
8. Leave the cake in the oven for 20-25 minutes at 180 ° C (or until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cake comes out clean) during which time the cream cheese is prepared.
9. For cream cheese: Mix cream cheese with confectionary’s sugar until fluffy. Add a little milk until you reach the desired consistency.
After the homemade cinnamon roll cake has cooled a bit, cover it with cream cheese and enjoy!
Recipe and photography by Daria Porumb