Explore the possibilities of luxurious lobster with this decadent recipe. Treat family and friends to an indulgent weekend brunch or dinner.
Lobster served two ways: with a buttery dipping sauce for the large chunks of meat and a salad made with the smaller pieces. Nothing is wasted and this easy main lets the lobster shine!
- 1 cooked lobster (see tip below for video guide on how to prepare lobster), claws and tail meat kept separate from the smaller bits of meat
- crusty bread, to serve
For the sauce
- juice ½ lemon
- 100g cold butter, cut into cubes
- small bunch chives, finely snipped
- small handful basil leaves, chopped
For the salad
- 110g bag of rocket
- ½ an avocado, stoned, peeled and sliced
- leftover bits of lobster meat
- juice ½ lemon
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- To make the sauce, warm the lemon juice in a small saucepan. Add the butter, a few cubes at a time, swirling them into the lemon juice over a very low heat to melt them, adding a few more pieces until all the butter is used. Take the sauce off the heat, season to taste and keep warm.
- To make the salad, gently toss the rocket, avocado and lobster meat together. Dress with the lemon juice and olive oil, and toss again until everything is mixed and coated.
- To serve, stir the herbs through the sauce and pour into a ramekin or small bowl. Put the sauce on a plate and pile the large chunks of lobster meat on one side and the salad on the other. Bring the plate to the table to share – dip the tail meat, claws and crusty bread into the sauce.