“An apple a day keeps the doctor away.” But what about an orage?
These fruits are low in calories, full of nutrients and they are really healthy for your skin. Due to their natural sweetness and their versatility, oranges are a popular fruit.
An orange has over 170 different phytochemicals and more than 60 flavonoids. Many of these have been proven to have anti-inflammatory properties and strong antioxidant effects.
Eating higher amounts of a compound found in citrus fruits like oranges and grapefruit may lower ischemic stroke risk for women according to AHA ( The American Heart Association).
Increasing potassium intake may be just as important as maintaining a low sodium intake is essential to lowering blood pressure because of its vasodilation effects.
Furthermore, high fiber intakes from fruits and vegetables are associated with a lowered risk of colorectal cancer.
Orange Dream Bars
Orange Dream Bars – is an easy recipe that is very similar to lemon bar. Try this tasty recipe. Your family will love it.
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup fresh-squeezed orange juice I used mandarins, about 6 of them
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 4 large eggs
- Powdered sugar for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a 9×13” pan with foil or parchment paper and spray with nonstick cooking spray.
- Beat butter with a hand or a stand mixer until creamy, then add the flour, sugar, and salt and beat until a dough forms. (If you’re using a hand mixer it will take extra time.) Press the crust into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake for 18 minutes.
- A few minutes before the crust comes out of the oven, prepare the filling. Place all filling ingredients into a blender jar and blend until smooth, a few seconds to almost a minute, depending on your blender.
- Carefully pour filling over evenly over hot crust. Return to oven and bake until the top is no longer jiggly, about 20-23 minutes. Cool completely before dusting with powdered sugar and slicing into bars.