There are a couple of secrets to the whole roasted cauliflower game. Follow our recipe and find them!
This recipe is easy, requiring just 5 ingredients and simple methods to prepare!
- 4 cloves of garlic
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ a bunch of fresh thyme , (15g)
- olive oil
- 1 lemon
- 1 large cauliflower , with outer leaves (1kg)
- 4 tablespoons dry sherry
- 1 x 400 g tin of quality plum tomatoes
- 40 g flaked almonds
- ½ a bunch of fresh flat-leaf parsley , (15g)
- extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Peel the garlic, then add to a pestle and mortar with the paprika and half the thyme leaves. Bash well to a rough paste, then muddle in 2 tablespoons of olive oil and season.
- Zest the lemon into a separate bowl and set aside.
- Trim the outer cauliflower leaves. Trim away and discard the stalk so the cauliflower can sit flat, then cut a cross into the base.
- Rub the paprika paste all over the cauliflower, then place in a medium casserole pan. Drizzle over the sherry and squeeze the lemon juice on top.
- Cover and pop in the hot oven for around 1 hour 20 minutes, or until tender, removing the lid for the final 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven, then pour in the tomatoes, tearing or slicing them up into chunks. Sprinkle over the lemon zest and pick over the remaining thyme leaves.
- Return the pan to the oven for a further 10 minutes, or until the cauliflower is golden.
- Meanwhile, toast the almonds in a dry frying pan over a medium-low heat until golden, then leave to cool.
- Once ready, take the pan out of the oven. Scrunch over the toasted almonds, then pick, roughly chop and scatter the parsley leaves on top.
- Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil, then carve up and serve with pilaf rice and steamed greens, or as part of a bigger spread.
- Enjoy this tasty whole roasted cauliflower!