Adobo sauce makes the perfect one-ingredient marinade – especially if you love deep, smokey flavors. Cool lime crema, creamy avocado, and tangy mango slaw help to balance out the heat in these irresistible tacos.
2 unit Chicken Breasts
1 unit Lime
1 bunch Cilantro
2 tablespoon Sour Cream
1 unit Avocado
1 Red Onion
Flour Tortilla 6 units
1 unit Mango
1 can Chipotles in Adoco
1 tablespoon olive oil
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees (if you have a microwave you can skip this!). Chop the cilantro. Zest and halve the lime. Halve, peel, and finely chop half the red onion. Peel the mango with a peeler. Cut around the flat seed then into 1/4-inch slices. Cut the slices into thick strips to create matchsticks. (For more tips on how to work with mangoes, visit: Blog.HelloFresh.com)
2. Make the lime crema: in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lime zest, and a squeeze of lime juice. Season with salt and pepper.
3. Make the mango slaw: in a medium bowl, toss together the mango, red onion, cilantro, juice of the remaining lime, and a pinch of salt and pepper.
4. Butterfly the chicken breasts: with one hand on top of the breast, carefully slice into the breast parallel to your hand. Stop before cutting all the way through. Then, open it up like a book and season with salt and pepper on both sides.5
5. Brush chicken with adobo sauce
Rub or brush both sides of the butterflied chicken with 1 tablespoon of adobo (the sauce in the can of chipotle peppers). Careful, it’s spicy! Set aside and reserve chipotle peppers for another time!
6. Cook chicken in a pan
Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Add the chicken and cook 5-7 minutes per side, until slightly charred and cooked through.
7. While the chicken cooks, wrap the tortillas in aluminum foil and place in the oven for 5 minutes to warm. Alternately, wrap the tortillas in a damp paper towel and microwave on high for 30 seconds. Halve, pit, and scoop out the avocado flesh into a small bowl. Mash with a fork and season with salt and pepper.
8. Thinly slice the chicken. Spread the mashed avocado onto the tortillas and top with the chicken, mango slaw, and lime crema.
9. Serve the tacos with the remaining mango slaw to the side. Enjoy!