A homemade cake is perhaps, the sweetest kind of dessert one could ever have or prepare for their loved ones. But, the way they are served can make everything all the way more amazing, specially when a delectable cake comes packed in a pretty jar.
What’s better than a bite of chocolate? Layers of a super soft double chocolate cupcake and luxurious chocolate cream cheese frosting assembled in a jar.
- 2 tablespoons angel food cake mix
- 2 tablespoons chocolate cake mix
- 2 teaspoons peanut butter chips, plus more for serving, optional
- 1 teaspoon milk chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons water, plus 1 teaspoon
- whipped cream, for serving, optional
- chocolate syrup, for serving, optional
- 8 oz jar, microwave and oven safe (225 g)
- Add the angel food cake mix and chocolate cake mix to a jar. Place a cupcake liner over the cake mix and add the peanut butter chips and chocolate chips. Cover with the lid.
- Store in the pantry for up to 3 months.
- When ready to eat, remove the lid and cupcake liner with the chips from the jar. Pour the water into the dry cake mix. Mix thoroughly, making sure to scrape the dry mix from the bottom of the jar.
- Microwave for 20 seconds.
- Pour the peanut butter and chocolate chips into the jar. Stir the chips into the cake gently, being careful not to push them to the bottom because they will naturally sink into the cake while cooking.
- Microwave for another 40 seconds, until cooked through.
- Top with whipped cream, chocolate syrup, and peanut butter chips, if desired.
- Serve immediately.
Unlike cupcakes or even cake slices, cake in a jar doesn’t go stale very quickly, thanks to all that frosting between the cake layers and the jar’s airtight lid. So this is a GREAT choice for a make-ahead dessert.