You may not be a big fan of spinach, but it has great benefits for your health. Spinach is a rich source of Vitamin K which helps you strengthen your bones.
Did you know that spinach can even improve your eyesight and your immune system? Spinach contains beta carotene, zeaxanthin, lutein and chlorophyll – all of which are responsible for improving your eyesight.
Spinach could help you fight the cold in the winter. It contains vitamin A, which helps our skin and mucous membranes to repel various kinds of bacteria and viruses effectively.
Spinach is also known for boosting energy. Do you remember the cartoons with Popeye the sailor man?
Due to its benefits on our health, we propose you a delicious recipe: bread with spinach and artichoke.
Ingredients for spinach bread with artichoke:
- 2 cups cream cheese(450 g), softened
- ½ cup sour cream(115 g)
- 3 cups shredded mozzarella cheese(300 g), divided
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese(55 g)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 12 oz frozen spinach(340 g), thawed and well drained
- 10 oz artichoke heart(285 g), drained and chopped
- 1 loaf french bread, sliced in half lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, for servings
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C). Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the cream cheese, sour cream, 1 cup mozzarella, the Parmesan, garlic, red pepper flakes, salt, and black pepper. Fold in the spinach and artichoke hearts.
- Set the French bread on the prepared baking sheet, cut side up. Spread the spinach artichoke mixture over both halves of the bread. Top with the remaining 2 cups of mozzarella.
- Bake the garlic bread for 8–10 minutes, until the cheese is melted. Turn the broiler to high and broil for 1–2 minutes, until golden and bubbling.
- Let the garlic bread cool for about 5 minutes, then slice and serve.