Do you want to try something new for breakfast? Try this tasty breakfast pizza with scrambled eggs and asparagus.
- 55g pizza dough ball, freshly made
- 4 whole eggs
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 2 tbsp crème fraiche
- 1 shallot, sliced
- 6 green asparagus spears, sliced
- 4 cremini mushrooms, medium size, sliced
- ¼ cup green olives, halved
- 4 basil leaves, sliced
- 2 sprigs of oregano
- 1 pinch of red chili flakes
- Remove the pizza dough ball from the fridge and let it warm to room temperature.
- Preheat the oven.
- Dust plain flour onto a flat surface and put the room temperature pizza dough on it. Sprinkle more flour on the top of the dough. Using a dowel or rolling pin, roll the dough out similar to pie dough, to about ¼ inch thickness. The dough should be about 8-10 inches wide.
- To keep the dough from puffing up in the oven, use a fork to poke the dough several times so when it bakes it will be able to release air from inside.
- Generously sprinkle semolina flour onto the pizza paddle that came with the Pizza Maker. Scoop the pizza dough from the flat surface and place into the preheated pizza maker onto the stone. Bake for 4-7 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the dough and rotate if necessary so it will cook evenly and not burn. Remove from oven onto plate or cutting board and let rest briefly.
- Heat a medium saute pan on medium high heat. Add 1 tablespoon of olive oil. When hot, add the sliced shallots and sliced mushrooms. Season well with salt and cracked pepper and stir with a wooden spoon occasionally for 3-4 minutes or until the mushrooms start to turn golden brown and the shallots become translucent.
- Add the sliced asparagus, olives, chilli flakes and herbs. Cook for two minutes and then turn off the heat.
- Meanwhile, crack the eggs into a cold nonstick saucepan. Stir with a wooden spoon to break up the egg yolks.
- Put the pan onto a low to medium heat and continuously stir for one minute. Add a few cubes of butter, then remove the pot from the heat while still stirring the eggs for 30 seconds.
- Put the pan back on the heat and stir again for one minute while adding a few more cubes of butter. Remove from the heat again while stirring the eggs. At this point the eggs should be starting to coagulate.
- Keep repeating this one minute on, 30 seconds off routine while slowly adding butter until the butter runs out and the eggs seem thickened. When you are able to take a scoop of eggs and hold the spoon up to eye view and the eggs have height to them add creme fraiche and salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour the scrambled eggs onto the cooked pizza dough and then the mushroom mixture onto the eggs.
- Slice and serve!
- Enjoy your tasty breakfast!