The best chicken fajitas are so quick to throw together! Chicken gets marinated in the best juicy lime marinade, then seared for that unmistakeable crisp-charred outer edge!
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon chipotle Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons sweet smoked paprika
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 large red onion
- 2 x 200 g skinless free-range chicken breasts
- 3 mixed-colour peppers
- 1 large aubergine
- 2 limes
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander , (30g)
- 1 ripe avocado
- 4 large seeded wholemeal tortillas
- 50 g feta cheese
- Put 1 tablespoon of oil into a bowl with the vinegar, chilli sauce, oregano, paprika and a pinch of sea salt and black pepper. Crush in the unpeeled garlic through a garlic crusher and mix together.
- Peel and halve the onion, slice into 1cm-thick wedges, then slice the chicken lengthways 1cm thick and toss both in the marinade. Leave in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or preferably overnight.
- Blacken the whole peppers and aubergine over a direct flame on the hob, or in a griddle pan on a high heat, until charred and blistered all over.
- Pop the peppers into a bowl and cover with clingfilm for 10 minutes, then scrape off most of the black skin, discarding the stalks and seeds.
- Pinch the skin off the aubergine and trim off the ends. Nicely slice it all 2cm thick, dress on a platter with the juice of 1 lime and a few picked coriander leaves, then taste and season to perfection.
- Cook the chicken and onions in all that lovely marinade in a large non-stick frying pan on a medium-high heat for 6 to 8 minutes, or until cooked through, turning halfway.
- Peel, destone and finely slice the avocado, and squeeze over the juice of half a lime.
- Warm the tortillas in a dry frying pan for 30 seconds, then keep warm in a clean tea towel. Take it all to the table, with the feta and the remaining coriander leaves, and let everyone build their own.
Enjoy our chicken fajitas tasty recipes!