Forget about guilt the next time when you eat a piece of chocolate. Many of us try to avoid it because we care about our weight, but you should know that this delicious treat has a lot of health benefits.
Thanks to its unique, rich, and sweet taste, it has become a popular food product that millions enjoy every day.
Here are some fun facts about chocolate:
- it has lots of antioxidants
- it can even lower cholesterol levels and help you have a better memory
- it should be eaten in moderation, as it has lots of calories.
Chocolate Health Benefits
Eating chocolate may have the following benefits:
- lowering cholesterol levels
- preventing cognitive decline
- reducing the risk of cardiovascular problems
Due to its health benefits and because it is the tastiest treat ever, we propose you a tasty and easy recipe.
Banana Muffins with Chocolate Chips
for 12 servings
- ½ cup softened butter(115 g)
- 1 cup white sugar(200 g)
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup peanut butter(240 g)
- 2 ripe bananas
- 2 cups all purpose flour(250 g)
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ cup dark chocolate chip(85 g)
- Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Lightly grease or add liners to a muffin tin.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar. Beat in the eggs, then stir in peanut butter, bananas, flour and baking soda until blended. Fold in chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared tins.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean. Remove to a wire rack to cool.