The pancakes’ recipe is loved by all of us and they are great for a tasty and healthy breakfast. Although you may be more used to sweet and fluffy pancakes, we are going to propose a salty corn pancakes recipe. The corn is crunchy and sweet and the taste of these American pancakes is really special.
1 can of sweet corn (340 g)
70 g flour
20 ml milk
1 small salad / 1 small red onion
1 medium egg
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1 tip of knife bicarbonate
1-2 teaspoons of olive oil
- Drain the corn and quickly pass them through cold water. After we drained them, we dabbed them with absorbent kitchen paper.
- We use only 200 g of corn, flour mixed with baking powder and baking soda, milk, the salad cut into chunks, egg, salt, pepper and parsley to taste.
- We mix them for 2-3 minutes, at medium speed, until we get a homogeneous composition.
- Add the remaining corn (50 g) and mix it with a spoon.
- We put the mix in the fridge for 10-15 minutes
- We use a non-stick pan over a low to medium heat and when it is hot, add 1-2 teaspoons of olive oil/sunflower oil.
- We put the mix on the pan after the oil has heated.
- We cook each pancake for 2-3 minutes on each side, then place them on a plate.
- We serve them warm, along with cheese or parmesan.