Garlic History and Health Benefits
Garlic has been used all over the world for thousands of years. Records indicate that garlic was in use when the Giza pyramids were built, about 5,000 years ago.
Did you know that it is used all over the world as a flavoring in cooking, but also as a great medicine, both through history and modern times? Many studies have shown it is capable to cure serious conditions and diseases.
Currently, it is widely used for several conditions linked to the blood system and heart, including atherosclerosis (hardening of the arteries), high cholesterol, heart attack, coronary heart disease, and hypertension.
Due to its great benefits on our health, we propose a recipe with garlic.
Gratinated Mushrooms with Creamy Cheese and Garlic
- 2 Tablespoons Butter
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 8 Ounces white mushrooms whole or sliced to preference
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 2 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Add the butter and olive oil in a medium-sized skillet over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and garlic and saute until tender.
- Add the heavy cream, parmesan cheese, cream cheese and some Italian seasoning, salt and pepper. Stir with the mushrooms and heat until the sauce is bubbly and smooth.
- Serve immediately and garnish with fresh parsley.
Do you usually use this ingredient to season your food? Do you like its taste or do you find it too pregnant? What other garlic recipes do you usually make for your family and friends? We find it great in combination with meat too.