This gluten-free cracker recipe is unbelievably easy! You will be amazed that a few simple ingredients of quinoa, water, and spices can turn into a delicious cracker! These crackers are vegan, gluten free, soy free, and whole grain clean eating!
Ingredients for Crackers:
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup water (Plus 1 -2 tbsp if needed)
- 1 tbsp Herbs de Providence (or any dried herbs of choice)
- 1 tbsp hemp seeds or sesame seeds (optional)
- 1 sprinkle Kosher salt for sprinkling on top (optional)
- Pre-heat the oven to 375° F.
- Soak 1 cup of whole grain quinoa in about 2 cups of water until it doubles in volume. (I soak it right in my immersion blender container). Soak for at least 6 hours with cold water or 1 hour in very hot water.
- Drain and rinse the expanded quinoa and put into a blender or immersion blender container.
- Add 1/3 cup of water, salt, and 2 tsp herbs of choice.
- Blend for about 3-4 minutes until it becomes like a slightly chunky pancake batter consistency. (It will seem like it may never turn into a batter at first, but keep mixing)!
- (If you did not soak the grain long enough you may need to add another tablespoon of water to get it to blend into a batter, but only do this after you have blended for a few minutes and you are sure that it needs to be thinned out).
- Line a large cookie sheet with parchment paper and pour the batter on the parchment paper.
- Use a spatula to spread it out evenly and give it a shake to get the batter very thin and even on the cookie sheet. (Sprinkle with seeds and/ or kosher salt if desired).
- Bake for 15 minutes then take out of the oven and cut into squares with a pastry or pizza cutter.
- Flip the crackers over and peel off the parchment paper and bake for another 15 minutes.
- Make sure all the crackers are in separate pieces and flip again seed side up and bake about another 10-15 minutes until dry and crisp. (The ones on the outside of the cookie sheet or those that are thinner will cook faster. Remove any that start to get golden brown and leave the others until they have all cooked evenly).
- Let cool completely before storing in an air tight container.