Did you know that the most popular types of foods for Christmas are: roasted potatoes, Christmas pudding, stuffing, roast ham and roast chicken. We are sure that every family has its traditions and favorite types of meals for the winter holidays. Our favorite is the roasted crunch potatoes recipe. We’ve used some top tricks to come up with the perfect roast potatoes with crisp coatings and fluffy middles.
- 2½ kg Maris Piper potatoes
- 1 tsp curcuma
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 1 tbsp polenta
- large pinch of paprika (not hot or smoked)
- 8 tbsp olive oil
- 8 tbsp duck or goose fat
- sea salt flakes, for sprinkling
- Heat oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Peel the potatoes and cut them into cubes. Put the garlic, thyme and oil in a large roasting tin, and put it in the oven for 5 mins.
- Tip the potatoes into the roasting tin, quickly turn them to coat in the oil, then spread them out in a single layer. Season well and roast for 1–11/2 hrs, turning occasionally during cooking, until golden and crispy.
Do you have a favorite recipe for the holidays? One that made generation after generation happy with its taste? Share it with us! We’re always looking for inspiration!