This super easy and quick garlic salmon in tomato sauce is perfect to pair with plain rice or grits or pasta. Your meal will be ready to serve in under 30 minutes.
- 1 bulb of fresh young garlic (if you can’t find young garlic, substitute with 2 chopped cloves of garlic and 1 sliced bulb of fennel)
- 1 punnet ripe cherry tomatoes
- 1 lemon
- olive oil
- 4 salmon fillets , skin on, scaled and pin-boned, from sustainable sources
- a few sprigs of fresh mint
- a few sprigs of fresh dill
- Slice the bulb of garlic into thin wedges, then squash the tomatoes. Halve the lemon, then slice half finely.
- Add a good drizzle of oil to a hot frying pan and fry the garlic until it softens and caramelises. Add the tomatoes and cook till they soften.
- In another pan, heat oil on a medium-high heat. Season the salmon and cook, skin-side down, for 3 minutes. Turn, add the lemon slices to the pan, and cook for 2 minutes, or till the salmon is done to your liking.
- Pick, finely chop and stir the mint and dill through the sauce, then tip over the salmon fillets and serve.