These buns can be assembled the night before, needing only a final rise before baking. Just make sure you won’t it them all at once.
for 8 servings
- 1 cup warm water(240 mL)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 ⅓ cups flour(415 g)
- 1 ½ teaspoons yeast
- 1 stick butter, softened
- ½ cup brown sugar(110 g)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 pinch salt
- ¼ cup chopped pecan(60 g)
Sticky Buns’ Preparation:
- Combine the water, olive oil, honey, salt, flour, water and yeast in a large bowl.
- Mix well and knead for 10 -15 minutes, until the dough is elastic.
- Transfer the dough into a well-oiled bowl.
- Cover with a towel or plastic wrap and let rise for 1 hour in a warm place, until the dough has doubled in size.
- Preheat the oven to 375˚F (190˚C).
- Cut the dough into 8 portions and shape into balls. Cover with a towel or plastic wrap. Set aside.
- Combine the butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, honey and salt in a small bowl and mix well.
- Spread the brown sugar mixture onto the bottom and sides of a cast iron pan. Line pecans on top of the mixture, and place the dough balls on top.
- Bake for 20-30 minutes
- Remove the sticky buns from the oven and allow to cool for 10-15 minutes before inverting onto a plate.