Sit down and get cosy with the family for a night of films and tasty snacks. Popcorn, fries, nachos and cookies are the essential film accompaniments.
Salted caramel popcorn pots
Sweet and salty, this decadent dessert is served in individual pots, with a caramel puddle at the base and a creamy panna cotta topping.
- 400ml double cream
- 200ml milk
- 140g toffee popcorn, plus a little to serve
- 2 gelatine leaves
- 4 tbsp caramel from a can (we used Carnation)
- ¼-½ tsp flaky sea salt
- Pour the cream and milk into a large pan, add the popcorn and bring to a gentle simmer, pushing the popcorn under the liquid and squashing gently on the bottom of the pan. Bubble for 1 min, then remove from the heat, transfer to a jug and chill for at least 6 hrs, or preferably overnight.
- Strain the popcorn cream back into a clean pan and gently reheat, discarding the remaining bits of popcorn. Meanwhile, place the gelatine leaves in cold water to soften for 3-5 mins. When the popcorn cream is steaming and the gelatine is soft, remove it from the water and squeeze out any excess drops. Place in the hot popcorn cream and stir until dissolved. Set aside to cool a little.
- Mix the caramel with the sea salt – start with 1/4 tsp, taste, then add more if you think it needs it. Divide the salted caramel between 2 glasses or pots. Pour the popcorn cream on top and chill for at least 2 hrs, or overnight.
- Serve each pot topped with a few pieces of toffee popcorn and dive in!
- Enjoy your caramel popcorn and your film!