I was looking to make a delicious, fragrant and aromatic dessert and I created this recipe that has been a huge success in the family. I am not convinced of the so-called “Brownie” prepared with baking soda or baking powder because the taste of these powders is not the one we are looking for. It’s the same thing with the ones made with water, oil, flour, cocoa and a ton of powders.
You already know that we do not use them in our cake recipes for precisely this reason. In the case of the check and the tambourine, we whisk the whites separately and the air incorporated in the foam is a natural growth agent. But what do we do in the case of this eggshell that does NOT contain eggs?
When I say Brownie I instantly think of the famous American cake with the same name: soft, sticky, spicy, chocolate-filled, prepared with a lot of butter, melted chocolate, eggs, sugar and some flour.
Starting from the brownie recipe, I reinterpreted a vegan brownie recipe. Instead of eggs I put well-cooked bananas, instead of flour I chose coconut flakes. Something particularly tasty came out, no eggs, no flour, no gluten – so a vegan brownie that is suitable for those with gluten allergies (celiac) as well as those with egg or milk (lactose) protein allergies.
- 350 g ripe bananas, ready to peel (approx. 500 g with whole shell)
- 200 g brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract or 2 sachets of vanilla sugar Bourbon or kernel from 1 pod
- a pinch of salt
- 100 ml sunflower oil
- 200 g coconut flakes (fine)
- 50 g quality cocoa
- I chose a suitable bowl in which I crushed the bananas with a fork. I added brown sugar, salt and vanilla.
- I added the oil and mixed everything for 1-2 minutes (with the hand mixer or the robot).
- I put the coconut flakes and cocoa.
- I mixed again for 1 minute and it’s done! The dough for vegan brownie or dessert is ready!
- The mix should rest for 15 minutes.
- I set the oven to 160 C with ventilation (heat up + down) respectively the average step to those with gas.
- I let it bake for 60 minutes at 160 C. Ready! On the surface it is coagulated, non-sticky but the interior is soft. This dessert must be left to cool in the tray before it can be portioned (otherwise crushed). Do you feel the smell of bananas, coconut, cocoa and vanilla? 🙂