I love this Tuscan chicken with sauce so much! Even if you are not a chicken fan, I am sure that this food will make you love this kind of meat. It’s a simple recipe, but it is delicious. If you do not like rice, you can eat Tuscan chicken with mashed potatoes, couscous, steamed vegetables, prawns or simply with a piece of fresh bread.
The ingredients for Tuscan chicken can be easily found in any supermarket. I used meatballs and chicken legs, it is my recommendation for this food. I removed the skin of the chicken pieces, but it is not mandatory.
- 4 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons salt, for the chicken
- 1 teaspoon pepper, for the chicken
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 cups spinach(80 g)
- 2 cups heavy cream(480 mL)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese(55 g)
- 2 tablespoons fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped
- Season the chicken all over with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a skillet over medium-low heat.
- Place the chicken thighs skin-side down in the skillet and cook for about 13 minutes to crisp up the skin if you left the skin on the chicken. Move the chicken around from time to time to ensure it cooks evenly. The skin should be hard to the touch.
- Flip the chicken, then cook for about another 15 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through. Remove from pan.
- Add the garlic and onion, stirring until onions are translucent. Stir in the tomatoes and spinach until the spinach is wilted.
- Add the heavy cream, salt, and pepper, bringing to a boil.
- Add the Parmesan cheese and parsley, stirring until the sauce has thickened slightly.
- Place the chicken back in the pan, spooning the sauce on top of the chicken.