Gluten Free Pizza in a Bowl Recipe
What is pizza in a bowl? A pizza bowl combines all the Italian toppings you like on a pizza. After mixing all these, they are added to a bowl and then baked. The best part is that you can easily customize this recipe using your favorite toppings. The gluten-free option suits the best keto or low-carb diets.
Benefits of the Gluten-Free Pizza in a Bowl
Even if it’s gluten-free and low-carb, this recipe is super delicious. The pizza bowl recipe is an excellent alternative for those on a gluten-free diet or following a low-carb or keto diet. Also, it’s a great way to satisfy a pizza craving minus the crust.
Since it has no crust, this easy pizza bowl could be ready quickly.
Another benefit is that you can make it your way. All you need is your imagination and creativity to play with ingredients. Please choose your favorite pizza toppings and add them to your bowl.
This pizza in-a-bowl recipe is also very easy to adjust in the number of portions. So, it’s a perfect dish for family or friends’ events.
- Olive oil: the extra virgin olive oil in this pizza bowl recipe it’s a great choice. Extra virgin olive oil is loaded with heart-healthy fats and antioxidants, making it a great addition to a nutritious diet. Furthermore, it contains a significant amount of the vitamins and minerals generally found in olives. Even if it has a lot of benefits, you can choose your favorite oil.
- Vegetables: When it comes to vegetables, onions, green bell peppers, and minced garlic represent a great choice.
- The sauce: When it comes to the sauce, you can use your favorite one.
- The cheese: If you are a cheese lover, a great choice could be mozzarella cheese, but you can add any other favorite cheese.
- Pepperoni: You can use pepperoni slices for your pizza bowl. Just adjust the number of pieces.
- Fresh basil: The basil is optional, but it’s a great option as a topping. Also, it has lots of antioxidants and anti-bacterial properties. So, it’s a tasty ingredient that helps your skin health, boosts digestion, and detoxifies your body.
First of all, preheat the oven to 350°F (177°C).
As a next step, cook the vegetables: Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Then, add the chopped onions, green bell peppers, and minced garlic and cook for 2 minutes. Don’t forget to stir frequently until the onions have softened.
Now it’s time to build your own pizza in a bowl. Add half of the marinara sauce in a 10 ounce bowl and line the bottom of the bowl with the adjusted number of pepperoni slices. Then, add the sautéed sausage and vegetables to the dish, smoothing it out into an even layer. In the end just add the remaining marinara sauce on top.
The most important step is to Bake the pizza bowl. Top it with shredded mozzarella cheese and place the heatproof bowl on a rimmed baking sheet to catch any possible spills. Bake for 10 minutes.
After removing the pizza bowl from the oven, let it rest for 5 minutes before serving.
And if you are craving for something sweet after this delicious pizza in a bowl recipe, check our one bowl brownie recipe. You won’t regret it!