Prawn Waldorf Salad Recipe a la Gordon Ramsay
A combination of crunchy apple, grapes, celery and walnuts. This Prawn Waldorf salad recipe is great with a lighter Greek yoghurt dressing.
Shrimp is one of the most commonly consumed types of shellfish.
It is quite nutritious and provides high amounts of certain nutrients, such as iodine, that aren’t abundant in many other foods.
On the other hand, some people claim that shrimp is unhealthy due to its high cholesterol content.
Additionally, it is commonly believed that farm-raised shrimp may have some negative health effects compared to wild-caught shrimp. Below you can find the steps for this waldorf salad recipe.
- 75g walnuts
- 1 small romaine lettuce, finely shredded
- 200g cooked, peeled king prawns, deveined if necessary
- 1 celery heart, chopped
- 1 eating apple e.g. Granny Smith, cored and cut into 1cm pieces
- 100g seedless green grapes, washed and halved
FOR THE SALAD DRESSING
- 100g Greek yoghurt
- 1½ tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Start by making the dressing; whisk together all the ingredients in a small mixing bowl. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary, adding a little more lemon juice if required.
- Toast the walnuts in a dry frying pan over a medium heat for 2–3 minutes until golden.
- Put the shredded lettuce leaves into a large mixing bowl and add the prawns, celery, apple and grapes. Spoon in the dressing and toss to coat. Taste and adjust the seasoning as necessary before serving.
Enjoy this light salad for dinner!